Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Nasvhille Day 2: Stuffed to the Vince Gills

On our second day in The Music City, we woke up at 6:30 AM to grab breakfast in the executive lounge at The Westin. We wanted to make sure we had an early breakfast since we knew we were going to have a huge lunch and then dinner later as well. I would have skipped breakfast altogther but I guess we had FOMO and wanted to take advantage of our free breakfast.

After breakfast, we headed back bed for several hours. There wasn't really much we were interesting in seeing while in Nashville and we were happy to get a chance to relax. By 11:30, we set out in the freezing cold to Hattie B's for lunch. The wait was over an hour long but it was well worth it. I ordered the chicken tender plate with fries and mac n cheese and peach cobbler for dessert. Drew ordered the tenders and waffles along with bacon cheese grits and fries. I had expected the chicken to be spicier than it was so I ordered the medium. It definitely wasn't too spicy but I do actually like to be able to taste my food so it was perfect for me. I'm sure I could have handled the hot, although probably not the extra hot.


I had never seen Drew eat so much! The meals were huge and worth every last bite. I wasn't expecting to like the mac & cheese because I'm not a huge fan of Pimento but it was surprisingly delicious. I also wasn't expecting the peach cobbler to be as good as it was. It was $3 and I figured, why not try a bite or two? I ended up eating the whole thing...ugh!

By the time we walked back to our hotel, I was frozen solid. I got right into bed with my clothes on and was still cold an hour later when drew came back from watching the end of the Pats game in the lobby. However, we needed to pack up so we could head over to Hyatt Place.

Once we got there, we grabbed a drink at the bar and then went for a short walk to the Goo Goo Shop to buy some treats. On the way, we noticed a pedestrian bridge and took a walk up to view the river, the Nissan Stadium and the beginning of a sunset. We had made dinner reservations for The Southern Steak & Oyster for 8 PM but were still so full, we popped in and asked to change our reservation to 9. They happily obliged.




We then proceed to head back to our room at the Hyatt to watch some more Netflix before getting ready for dinner. The restaurant was only 2 blocks away which was perfect because I didn't want to wear my heavy winter coat. We both ended up ordering the chili dusted sea scallops with sweet corn cotija grits, shaved brussels sprouts and bacon tomatillo chipotle sauce. It was beyond delicious, very creative dish. Towards the end of the meal, I had never been more full in my life and couldn't even finish the last few bites as hard as I tried. I don't know why but I still wanted to order the bananas foster bread pudding to bring back to the hotel with us. I mean how could we not?



Since it was still early and also because I was too full to walk all the way back to our room, we stopped at the bar in the hotel to grab another drink. I ordered the white sangria and the bartender had accidentally made extra so he gave me two for the price of one. Score!

P.S....I have no idea who Vince Gill is but I figured there must be a country singer with Gill for a last name...and, according to Google, he just so happens to be a member of the Country Music Hall of Fame. How fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment