Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Barcelona Day 7: Easy Like a Sunday Morning

Just this week while watching some commercial on TV, I told Drew I didn't understand the song. How are Sunday mornings easy!? It's the last day of the weekend and I'm constantly struggling with wanting to stay in bed vs. getting out of bed and being productive.

Then, when I was thinking of what to name this post, the song came to mind. It was the easiest Sunday I've had in my life: I woke up to the most gorgeous sunrise over the ocean without even having to leave bed. When it started to get too bright, I pressed the button on my nightstand to close the light filtering screen. A few hours later, Drew and I headed down to Wave for a delicious champagne brunch, which again was included because of his Platinum status.



After taking another short nap, we headed down to one of the pool decks to lay out and sip some Cava Sangria. We didn't stay for long though, as the sun had shifted to the other side of the hotel and it got a little chilly.


As much as we wanted to just stare out of our hotel room windows all day, we also wanted to explore the beach area a little bit so we went for a short walk. I can't believe how many nude old men were on the beach, standing up, and "reading newspapers." Like who stands on the beach reading?

After seeing my fair share of saggy balls and fake boobs, we decided to head out to the street and do a little more exploring. I loved the cute residential streets.


For dinner, we decided to eat at Pez Vela, which was right beneath our hotel. We ordered the Pan con Tomate, Charbroiled Galican Style Octopus and Arroz Negro (baby squid black rice with artichoke) along with a few glasses of wine. The Octopus was a tad too salty and not as good as the octopus at the W but the Arroz Negro was delicious. The bill came to roughly $100 US before tip which seemed a tad over-priced, especially considering the wine was only 3.50 per glass and the fact that we both could have eaten more paella. It's not like rice is expensive...



I had my heart set on having dessert back at Wave since we didn't get to have it the night prior. I ordered the White Chocolate Satin Sphere and Drew ordered the W Style Sacher. While we were waiting for our orders, we noticed the waitress bringing a delicious looking drink to another table. We called her over to ask what it was and although it sounded good as well, we decided against ordering it as we had an early flight the next morning and had already had a few drinks.


Once we were finished with our desserts, the waitress and hostess surprised us by bringing us each one of the drinks we had asked about along with a selection of delicious chocolates.

 

I can't remember everything that was in the drink but can only describe it as light, fruity, a tad spicy and refreshing. It was probably the best drink I've ever had and paired excellently with the chocolates. Now that I'm looking at the menu, it may have been the "Lost Island," which is described as Brugal rum with falernum, lime, spicy mango syrup, homemade caramel syrup, Angostura bitters and lime foam. As we were finishing up our drinks, fireworks had started outside again. What a perfect ending to a perfect night and vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment