Monday, October 5, 2015

Skip It: Blackbird Doughnuts

Without a doubt, New York has been killing the doughnut game for quite some time now. That's why I was super excited when I found out that an artisanal doughnut shop, Blackbird Doughnuts, was opening in Boston this past winter. 


I was so excited, that I hauled a** in the middle of a snow storm, dodged traffic, and climbed over snow banks just to pick some up. The inside of the shop was adorable and I loved their display. However, the menu was scarce and there wasn't much of a selection when it came to doughnut flavors. Upon much deliberation, I picked out the four best looking ones: Pineapple Habanero, Lemon Coconut, Wild Berry Bismark and Dark Chocolate-Pomegranate.


The Lemon Coconut was my favorite but quite frankly, I wish I didn't spend the money. I would have much preferred a donut from Dunkin's which would have also been roughly 1/3 of the price. Although, fair warning, I do have an unhealthy obsession with Dunks.


Anyways, back to the topic at hand. The doughnuts at Blackbird were way too sweet and it's very rare that I would say that about anything. I have a huge sweet tooth. Also, I probably wasn't supposed to eat the habanero garnish on the Pineapple Habanero doughnut but I did and what an awful flavor to be on a doughnut! Inventive, sure....but at what cost!? I will not be going back to this place and I suggest you don't either. Maybe I would be willing to try it again if they sent me a free box of dunks as compensation.

No comments:

Post a Comment