Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Skip It: Babbo Pizzeria e Enoteca

The second "skip it" in a row!? You must think I either hate food or that I'm the most negative person in the world. So not the case; I swear. However, Boston has left me disappointed as of late.

I'm a huge fan of Eataly's La Pizza & La Pasta in New York which is why I was super excited that Mario Batali was opening Babbo Pizzeria e Enoteca on Boston's waterfront. I actually held off all summer, wanting Drew to take me for my birthday. It was perfect timing, too, because we could see fireworks from our seat.

 

Once our waitress finally arrived at our table, we ordered the Mozzarella in Carozza as an appetizer. Basically, it was a very greasy and salty grilled cheese. I hoped the meal would be better. However, not so much. We decided to share the Bufala e Pomodorini and the Prosciutto & Arugula pizzas. The Bufala e Pomodorini was practically inedible. It was soo salty and sour; almost like sour milk. The other pizza was okay but salty as well. Maybe we should have stuck to a Margherita or something more simple that they couldn't screw up.

 

Dessert was good but overpriced for what it was. I opted for the S'mores Coppetta which was basically just chocolate gelato and graham cracker crumbs topped with toasted marshmallow. Drew ordered the assorted biscotti which was a plate of the smallest cookies I've seen in my life!


I definitely wouldn't feel comfortable recommending this restaurant to anyone but I would like to go back and try something else. Maybe they were just having a bad night!? Regardless, I don't see how Mario Batali could let this ridiculousness continue. Let's pray that when Eataly finally opens in Boston, its food bears resemblance to that at its New York counterpart as opposed to the "food" at this monstrosity.

2 comments: