Thursday, October 8, 2015

Day Tripping: Kittery, Maine

There's nothing quite like fall in New England; the leaves changing colors, apple picking, cider doughnuts, sweaters and the cool, crisp air. It's also the perfect time to take a day trip to Kittery, Maine.


There isn't a ton to do in Kittery but it makes for a relaxing and enjoyable day; just how fall days should be. My first stop is always to Stonewall Kitchen. They have a wide array of jams, preserves, baking mixes, cooking sauces, salsas, and adorable gift items. The best part of visiting the actual store is that you can sample almost all of their jams and sauces on crackers and/or pretzel sticks. Plus, there's a cafe inside that's perfect for breakfast or lunch.


After I grab something to eat, I usually head over to the Crate and Barrel Outlet before hitting all of the others. It's the only outlet they have in the area so it's always a top priority. I don't always find something that I want to buy but they definitely have some amazing deals. I purchased my favorite coffee mugs from there for $1.50 per piece!


I like to finish off the day by having dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, Robert's Maine Grill. One fall evening, I ordered the most delicious Surf n' Turf special which included steak tips, shrimp, mashed potatoes and root vegetables. They also have amazing lobster rolls there; although I wouldn't really consider them fall fare. Everything tastes so fresh and I never get that gross, full feeling I get from so many other places despite the fact that I'm well fed.

No comments:

Post a Comment