Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Cabo Adventures: Luxury Day Sailing

Our first excursion in Cabo was Luxury Day Sailing with Cabo Adventures. They picked us up at The Dolphin Center right across from our hotel and brought us to the Marina in Cabo San Lucas where we had a little time to explore before boarding our yacht along with about 5 other couples.


As soon we we boarded, we were asked to take a seat and were given a mimosa. After a few minutes, we reached El Arco where we stopped to take pictures and listen to our tour guide give us the background of the area. What a gorgeous view!


Once we departed El Arco, we were given what I thought was our lunch: tortilla chips, guacamole, salsa and grilled shrimp. I was shocked when not long after they served us another tray of food consisting of grilled chicken caesar salad, pasta salad, ceviche, tomatoes stuffed with tuna, a dinner roll and fruit salad. There was also an open bar for the entire 4 hour trip. Granted, I didn't want to use the restroom on the ship so I held myself to 2 or 3 drinks.



After lunch, we arrived at Playa Santa Maria where we were allowed to get off the boat and go swimming for 40 minutes or so. It took me a few minutes to get into the water because I was of afraid of encountering a shark. Mind you, the same tour company does have a whale shark encounter. The sharks are described as gentle but it still took all my courage to take the plunge, even after our guide assured me I wouldn't see any. Drew was the only one that stayed on the ship...you would at least think he'd be able to take a decent picture of me, but nope...he has no idea how to use the camera he bought me for my birthday.


 Me checking for sharks before hopping in


I did see fish in the water which kind of freaked me out...not gonna lie. I love seeing animals, from afar. They were beautiful fish. I was a little disappointed that we ran out of time and I didn't get to try the stand paddle board but I guess it gives me something to try on another trip.

On the way back to the Marina, we all got a surprise we weren't ready for. The sail went up and our boat coasted almost completely sideways for a good 30-45 minutes. I thought for sure the boat was going to tip over so I was holding on for dear life. I know how to swim but I was afraid the boat would topple on top of us and I didn't even want to know what Drew was thinking. Another passenger yelled out, "Hey, I thought this was supposed to be a luxury cruise!!!?"

 

I'm sure the captain knew what he was doing, but wow! What a scare. Surely, something I'll never forget. Despite how scary it was, it was also super fun. I'm just not sure Drew will trust me anymore...

Once the sea calmed down a bit and we were back to smoother sailing, I spotted a few seals which I was super excited about.


Overall, the trip was amazing and definitely worth the $109 per person price tag. I can't believe all that was included for that price: transportation, food, drink, 4 hours of boating and site-seeing, snorkling and SUP (even if I didn't get to try). My only complaint was that I did end up having to use the restroom on the boat but they made us take our shoes off before boarding and the floor in the bathroom was a little sticky. EWWWW. I immediately rinsed my feet off in the ocean. TRUST.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures. Makes me want to go back to Cabo. All I did when so was there was well nothing, sat at the beach.

    ReplyDelete